Saturday, March 8, 2008

Be Still

Yesterday, as I drove between four different sites for work, (Croton, Big Rapids, Filer City and Ludington Pump Storage) I was traveled a little over 240 miles and spent almost five hours on the road. During that time, I felt more at peace than I had in a long time. It was cold out and the landscape wasn't what I would call pretty because of the "dirty" snow, but it was peaceful.

It didn't start out that way, but as the day wore on, I felt as if I was in the presence of God. He was there inside my heart and soul. I started out thinking about work and personal issues I am dealing with, but as the miles added up along with the hours, there came a point that nothing mattered except that I was in His presence. I usually always listen to christian music during my long trips. I plugged in my MP3 player to the auxiliary jack in the van. I can't say that there was a certain point in my travels that it hit me, but it did. I wanted to stay inside of that feeling forever, even though I know that probably wouldn't happen.

This morning I received a short email from a friend that upset me. However, I didn't want that feeling to overtake the peace that I felt yesterday. All I could think of was God telling me, "Be still, and know that I am God." After awhile, it no longer upset me, and I was able to feel at peace again. It wasn't the same as yesterday, but it is close enough to be a healing balm on my soul. Thank you Lord for being there in my time of need.

I believe that is what I was feeling yesterday because I was alone in the car, but I wasn't alone. He was there constantly reminding me to be still and know that He is God. He is in total control of my life, and I need to always remember that He is there. Yesterday was the most amazing and wonderful day I have experienced in a long time. I knew that I was and will never be alone.

No comments: