Saturday, October 13, 2007

Bless this Day

I woke up this morning thinking about how I don't thank God enough and glorify Him enough in my daily routine. This morning a verse came to mind, "This is the day that the Lord has made, let us rejoice and be glad in in." I think that we forget somtimes that each day that we have is a gift and a blessing from God. We are not promised that we will have a tomorrow. So we need to live our lives as if today may be our last because it could be. And, in doing that, we need to remember to put our Lord and Saviour, Jesus Christ, and our Heavenly Father first on our list of priorities as we begin and end each day. This is not always easy to do. I know I fail miserably on a daily basis.

As I sit here looking out at the beauty that God has created and placed before us for pleasure, I want to remember to put Him first in my life. Not second, not third, but first. I want to glorify Him in what I do, and I want His light to shine through me. I pray for His forgiveness in not doing that on a daily basis. I will keep on striving to give Him the glory in my life. And I thank Him for this day that he has placed before me. It is truly a blessing.

No comments: