Sunday, November 11, 2007

Encouragement

Yesterday, I was blessed with both my children and all my grandchildren visiting. We had a houseful and at times very busy. During the visit, I noticed that my son was very quiet. I asked him what was the matter, and at first, he tried to say everything was okay. As being the mom, I knew better, and sat down on the floor next the to chair he was sitting in. I grabbed his hand and told him I knew better and asked him again.

He finally gave in and told me that he thought that his dad and I were disappointed in him because of where he worked. He is a manager of a Wesco station up in Benzie. He thought we were disappointed because he didn't have a "better" job having a college degree. I told him NO that I wasn't disappointed, but I was very proud of him. I explained that if he didn't have the degree, he wouldn't be a manager but just a sales associate working the cash register and stocking shelves. He has worked one or more jobs since the time he was 16 years old. He worked his way through college. I am PROUD of him, not disappointed. I will never be disappointed in him. No matter what job he has I will always be PROUD. I am proud of both of my children. They both work hard, love and nurture their spouses and children, and they both love God and the Lord, Jesus Christ. And, they both call frequently and tell me they love me. How could I be disappointed in them? They are both blessings from heaven.

I learned something yesterday that even after our children are grown and on their own, they still need the encouragement from us as parents. They still listen to what we say (probably more than they did when they were growing up), and what we say means a lot to them.

I thank God everyday for my children and grandchildren. What a blessing that I have been given. And, I will try to continue to encourage them every time I can.

No comments: