Friday, November 23, 2007

Thanksgiving

Well, another Thanksgiving has come and gone. Yesterday was a very busy day with family. Our children and their families were here for a big turkey dinner. My daughter and daughter-in-law helped tremendously in the kitchen helping prepare the meal. After dinner their husbands helped clean up while I sat and enjoyed the grandkids.

Since I am not back fully after my back surgery in September, I am still limited to what I can do. And yesterday, was not one of my better days. I went back to work half days this week, and I feel like I am paying for it.

However, it gave me time with my grandkids. Even though I can't pick them up, I am still able to enjoy them. The two youngest, Noah, who is almost 18 months, and Ruthanne, who is almost 8 months, were put into my lap so I could hold them and love them to pieces. Ryan and Adam, who are just over 3 1/2 were busy running around, and Destanie, my 6 year old granddaughter, would just come and lay by me on the couch.

My husband stayed out of the kitchen except to help take the turkey out of the oven and make the gravy. Other than that he sat and watched football and played with the grandkids.

It was a wonderful day with my family. I am so blessed to have them around.

My daughter's two sons, Noah and Ryan, spent the night last night so she could get up early and go shopping with her friend, Missy. Having her kids spend the night on Thanksgiving is becoming a yearly ritual that I look forward to. They make me feel so special and they certainly brought more than one smile to my face today. Even giving Noah his nebulizer treatment was enjoyable. He just sat calmly in my arms.

I am thankful for every minute I can spend with my "beautiful blessings" from heaven above.

No comments: