Saturday, February 23, 2008

Happy Birthday Mom


Today would have been my mother's 85th birthday. Unfortunately, she went home to be with her Lord on February 26, 2005. I miss her terribly. A day doesn't go by that I don't think about her.

We were very close, and we did a lot of things together, like painting, bowling, shopping, spending time together overnight, and talking sometimes hours on end. Sometimes it would be only for a few minutes and other times it was over an hour.

I remember a time when we stayed overnight at my Aunt Gloria's house, and she told me that she had memorized the state capitals. And, being the competitive person I am, what did I do starting that night in the dark as we talked, had her teach me all of the state capitals. By the time we got home the next day, I had them all memorized. Don't ask me to say them now, but during that 24 plus hours we spent together, I did something that she helped me do.

There were so many memories that I can't even start to mention. We laughed together, cried together, had fun together, bowled together, painted together, talked together, and enjoyed to love of music together.

I miss you Mom. You were more than a mom, you were a friend and confidante. Someone I could always count on to be there for me. And, I tried to be there for you.

My mom is one of the blessings that God has given me. And, her memory, will live on in my life.

No comments: