Sunday, February 10, 2008

Winter Blues

Well, it seems like winter has come in again with a blast of cold air. Stuck in the house and not wanting to go outside, feeling cold and trying to keep warm. Winter sets in and soon many of us feel the "winter blues." I know that I do. I love watching the "big and fluffy" flakes when the season starts just before Christmas, but by the beginning of February I am tired of the winter storms and freezing arctic air. So, here I am trying to make the best of the winter.

So, what to do to make the best of this time of year. Here is a list of things that I have to help relieve the dreaded winter blues. Along with the normal working each day and then coming home to an empty house many days when Jack is working, I have tried to keep myself busy.

  1. I am converting VHS tapes to DVDs. Didn't realize how many movies I had on VHS
  2. I am xcanning pictures of my family taken before the digital camera.
  3. I am looking through pictures to figure out when the pictures were taken. Many are without dates.
  4. I am exercising trying to get back into shape before summer comes.
  5. I am reading books and I am back into reading my Bible.

Other things that I want to do include:

  1. Painting some emu eggs to give away.
  2. Painting some pots to plant some summer flowers in.
  3. Painting a nice picture on canvas.
  4. Playing the piano and singing again.

There are lots of things that I need to do now while I am stuck inside because once nice weather comes around, I want to be outside gardening, laying in the sun, fishing, taking long walks, and taking rides around the lake. I guess that I should feel blessed with the "winter blues" because it gives me time to do the inside things that get passed by during the warmer months.

No comments: