Wednesday, February 6, 2008

Life

Life is short. We need to live everyday as if it may be our last. This week has been difficult. Early Monday morning, I was reading my email and there was one from Jo, my friend and hairdresser. The email was sad. She said that her husband, Brett, who was only 50 died on Sunday after her and her daughter did CPR until the paramedics arrived and tried for 45 minutes to revive him without success.

Yesterday, again I was checking email and saw one from a neighbor. He stated that another neighbor who is in her early 50s was killed in a terrible car accident less than 2 miles from home on her way home from work. I broke down and cried. A couple years ago, her husband died of a heart attack at work just before Christmas. Last October, she was so happy because she had just gotten remarried starting her life all over again.

We are not guaranteed tomorrow. Take the time to give your loved ones a hug and tell them you love them. Don't wait until tomorrow because tomorrow may never come. And, don't let the sun go down on your anger. The bible tells us that, but do we always do that. I used to, but I have swayed from that. I believe God had a reason for telling us that. He is the one in control and if we do, and we lose the one we love, we are the ones who suffer in more ways than the initial loss.

Take the time now, today, and don't wait until tomorrow.

No comments: